2. We are entitled from time to time to amend, revise, add to or subtract from these terms and conditions. All such changes made by us shall be effective immediately and you shall be deemed to have notice of such changes when you access and use the Websites.
Nature of our Services
3. Wealth Mentors including its subsidiaries or affiliates, its trainers, representatives, employees and agents (collectively, “Wealth Mentors” or “we” or “us”) through courses, seminars and training programmes including the Smart Traders programme and records of Mirriam MacWilliams’ personal trading choices (the “Programmes”) aim to prepare you to trade securities and/or other financial assets electronically online or offline for your own account using your choice of a brokerage firm (“Trading Activities”).
4. Wealth Mentors is not a financial adviser nor do we purport to advise you on what assets you should buy or sell or how to manage your own financial portfolio. The Programmes are not intended to prepare you to be a Licensed Broker in the financial industry and will not lead to employment or professional certification.
5. The Programmes teach you how to read and understand financial information, devise your own trading and risk management strategies from such information and work towards generating positive returns through Trading Activities. The Programmes do not and Wealth Mentors do not represent, teach or imply that attendance at or participation in the Programmes or adhering to the principles taught in the Programmes will guarantee or result in positive returns from Trading Activities.
6. The Programmes should not be construed as a recommendation, advice or an offer to buy or sell any asset or the suitability of any investment strategy. The purchase, sale, or advice regarding any publicly traded assets or system can only be performed by a licensed financial adviser or holder of a capital markets service license. Wealth Mentors is not a licensed financial adviser nor does it hold a capital markets service license.
7. All purchasers of the Programmes are encouraged to speak with a licensed representative of their choice regarding the appropriateness of investing/trading or of any particular investment/trading strategy.
8. Trading Activities involve significant risks and may not be suitable for everyone. Electronic active trading may also involve a high volume of trading activity. Each trade generates a commission and the total daily commission on such a high volume of trading can be considerable.
9. Electronic active trading accounts should be considered speculative in nature with the objective being to generate short-term profits. This activity may result in the loss of more than 100% of an investment, which is your sole responsibility. Before undertaking margin trading activities, you should understand the operation of a margin account under various market conditions and review your investment objectives, financial resources and risk tolerances to determine whether margin trading is appropriate for you. The increased leverage which margin provides may heighten risk substantially, including the risk of loss in excess of 100% of an investment.
10. The risk of loss when engaging in Trading Activities can be substantial. You should therefore fully understand the nature and fundamentals of Trading Activities and the markets underlying such Trading Activities, the nature and scope of the contractual relationship between yourself and the security broker of your choice, the legal terms and conditions of the documents for Trading Activities, the extent of your exposure to risk and the potential losses that can be incurred, the regulatory treatment of Trading Activities and, as appropriate, consult your financial and tax advisers or other professional advisers before entering into such Trading Activities. You should always read all relevant literature and carefully consider whether such Trading Activities are suitable for you in light of your financial resources, experience, objectives for engaging in Trading Activities, ability to bear risks and other relevant circumstances.
11. You should also ensure that you fully understand and accept the statements contained herein this document as a condition to your relationship with us. You are reminded that Wealth Mentors does not act as your advisor, assume no fiduciary responsibility towards you, and does not give you any advice or make any recommendations or suggestions to you. You are ultimately responsible to conduct your own independent investigation into, and make your own appraisal of, any Trading Activities, and you should rely only on your own judgment (or those of your professional advisors) in entering into any such Trading Activities. As such the burden of all risks involved in any Trading Activities will be carried by you, and we will not be responsible for any losses which you incur, of whatever nature and howsoever arising.
12. There are various risks of a general nature associated with Trading Activities and investing in and holding shares in a company. These include but are not limited to the following:-
13. Trading Activities carry investment risks. In particular the price or value of the assets being traded can and does fluctuate and may even become valueless, resulting in possible loss not only of profit but also of all or part of the principal sums invested. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling assets. Past performance of any investment is not necessarily indicative of future performance.
14. There may be a greater risk of loss because there may proportionately be a large difference between the buying price and the selling price of the assets traded by you. If the assets have to be sold immediately, there may not be ready buyers and even if there are buyers, you may get back much less than the amount that you paid for them. You should seek independent professional advice if you are uncertain of or have not understood any aspect of the nature of the exchange or the risks involved in investing in such assets.
15. Under certain market conditions, it may be difficult or impossible to liquidate assets you hold as a result of Trading Activities.
16. Testimonials appearing on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our trainers’ products and/or services in some way or another. However, they are individual results and results do vary. Any claims made or results reported are not typical.
The testimonials displayed (text, audio and/or video) are given verbatim except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some have been shortened. In other words, not the whole message received by the testimonial writer is displayed, when it seemed lengthy or not the whole testimonial seemed relevant for the general public.
Wealth Mentors does not share the opinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on this site, and are strictly the views of the reviewer.
Accuracy of Information
17. The contents of the Websites are provided to you for information only and should not be used as a basis for making any specific investment, business or commercial decision. These pages should not be construed as an offer or solicitation for the subscription, purchase or sale of the assets, and specifically funds or any investment products, mentioned in the Websites, or, in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an invitation or solicitation in such jurisdiction.
18. Wealth Mentors assume no responsibility for or make any representations, endorsements, or warranties whatsoever in relation to the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the Programmes or any services, content, information and/or data contained in the Websites, whether provided by us, any content providers or third parties.
Chat rooms, Forums..etc
19. The Websites may from time to time include chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/ or news groups (the “Forums”) on which you can receive information or post information. Unless otherwise expressly stated in writing, the information or materials posted on the Forums do not represent the views of Wealth Mentors and should not be construed as a recommendation, advice or an offer to buy or sell any asset or the suitability of any investment strategy. Wealth Mentors assume no responsibility for or make any representations, endorsements, or warranties whatsoever in relation to the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of any information or materials posted in the Forums. Any information that you post in the Forums becomes information accessible to third parties and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal details, views or opinions as part of that information.
20. Wealth Mentors reserve all copyright and intellectual property rights to the services, content, information and data on the Websites. The contents in the Websites are protected by copyright and no part or parts hereof may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or by any means), copied, distributed, published, displayed, broadcasted, hyperlinked, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the prior written consent of Wealth Mentors.
21. While every care has been taken in preparing the contents contained in the Websites, such contents are provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus is given in conjunction with such contents. Wealth Mentors make no representations, endorsements or warranties of any kind about the services, content, information and/or data contained in the Websites.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
23. In no event shall Wealth Mentors be liable to you for any loss, damage, costs, charges and/or expenses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising including legal fees, cost of funding incurred by you as a result of or in connection with:
a. any access, use or the inability to access or use this website or the Programmes;
b. any use of or reliance on the contents of the Websites or on the contents of the Progammes;
c. any transaction performed on any web page in the Websites or any Trading Activities transacted by you whilst adhering to the principles taught in the Programmes;
d. any loss or abuse or unauthorized disclosure of information, including your personal data or information;
e. any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, interception, delay in operation or transmission, or computer virus;
f. any use of or access to any websites linked to the Websites;
g. any service, product, information, data, software or other materials obtained from this Websites or from any other websites linked to the Websites;
24. The Programmes or other products and services referred to in the Websites are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by Wealth Mentors and/or its member companies. The contents in the Websites are not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of such materials by Wealth Mentors.
25. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions. The terms and conditions governing the use of the Website of each member company of Wealth Mentor may differ and you should consult and carefully read the applicable terms and conditions before using the website.
26. The terms of our relationship as set out in this document shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all parties hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.